September 4, 2008

A lil poetry


Every now and then I dabble in poetry. I usually write about God or politics or love. I mean, what else is there to write about? At the end of the day, all of life's issues boil down to these three things or some combination therein.

Once in a blue moon I will post something, as it relates to the theme of this blog: why one's cat is a much better companion than a man.

Well...the moon is blue! I wrote this a few years ago and edited it recently. Not sure if it's any good but am posting it anyway.

Why is this relevant???

Because it, I think, describes what most people go through when falling in/out of love/lust. Why put yourself through it. Buy a kitten instead.
-------------------------------------

The Things You Do To Me

I shatter into little pieces

Every time you inhale.


I watch

And wish

That you too were full

Of this all-consuming thing

That lives inside of me,

Cluttering my brain,

Driving me to distraction.


I am ground into powder

With every contented breath you release.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I love the poem...........

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Tell me...who's cooler, men or cats?